Noun(1) socks and stockings and tights collectively (the British include underwear(2) man's close-fitting garment of the 16th and 17th centuries covering the legs and reaching up to the waist; worn with a doublet(3) a flexible pipe for conveying a liquid or gas
Verb(1) water with a hose
(1) He was clad in a royal-looking doublet, hose and an over-tunic, which bore a crest.(2) Elizabethan doublet and hose(3) A soaker hose waters the base of every plant, thereby minimizing black spot and mildew problems that often arise from wetting the leaves.(4) a chorus girl's fishnet hose(5) She panted as she struggled out of her heels and hose .(6) Rainwater is far more beneficial for plants than water from your hose .(7) Control the pests by blasting them from the plants with a strong jet of water from the hose and, if necessary, following up with insecticidal soap.(8) a sprinkler hose(9) As a last touch, I usually turn my water hose to a fine mist and give all my new plants a nice clean shower.(10) Pale pink toenails were visible through translucent hose .(11) If so, should you wear hose with them or brave the cold?(12) Well, one day I decided to wear the hose with a pair slacks to work.(13) Sweep up winter debris, and hose or pressure-wash as necessary.(14) her hose had been laddered(15) What they thought of a young woman wearing mud splattered boots and hose , her hair plaited like a child's and in sore need of a bath, I did not know.(16) Thinking some more, I think you should definitely go without the hose .
(1) garden hose :: ubi sooks
(2) rubber hose :: roba sooks
(3) fire hose :: ọku sooks
(4) water hose :: mmiri sooks
(5) hose clamp :: sooks mwekota
(6) air hose :: ikuku sooks
(7) hose reel :: sooks ukwu
(8) panty hose :: panty sooks
(9) hose down :: sooks ala
(10) hose barb :: sooks barb
1. hosiery ::
2. hose down ::
hose, hosed, hoses, hosing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So I fling the HOSE, I'm grabbing
the cap, I'm screwing in the bolts.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
and you break out the hot
lights and the rubber HOSE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
At 11:30, I called and said
I was throwing up like a fire HOSE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
so I pull out the HOSE
to put it back and whoosh!
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
I'm gonna hook up the garden
HOSE, so it has running water.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
English to Igbo Dictionary: hose
Meaning and definitions of hose, translation in Igbo
language for hose with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hose in Igbo and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'hose'
What hose means in Igbo, hose meaning
in Igbo, hose
definition, examples and pronunciation
of hose in Igbo language.